No. Under Part B, a public agency’s determination that a short-term removal does not constitute a change of placement is not a proposal or refusal to initiate a change of placement for purposes of determining services under 34 CFR §300.530(d)(4). Therefore, the agency is not required to provide written notice to the parent.

From here.